The metanarrative of blindness : a re-reading of twentieth-century Anglophone writing / David Bolt
- Bolt, David, 1966-
- Ann Arbor : The University of Michigan Press, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 167 pages ; 24 cm.
- Corporealities: discourses of disability
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Community, Controversy, and Compromise: The Terminology of Visual Impairment -- 2.Character Designation: Normate Reductionism and Nominal Displacement -- 3.Come-to-Bed Eyes: Ophthalmocentrism, Ocularcentrism, and Symbolic Castration -- 4."A Hand of the Blind Ventures Forth": The Grope, the Grip, and Haptic Perception -- 5.Social Friction and Science Fiction: Alterity, Avoidance, and Constructs of Contagiousness -- 6.Visual Violation: Staring, Panopticism, and the Unseen Gazer -- 7.Culturally Assisted Suicide: The Mourning and Melancholia of Blindness Deconstructed.
- 9780472119066 (hardcover), 0472119060, and 9780472029587 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11940324