Holistic nursing : scope and standards of practice / American Holistic Nurses Association ; American Nurses Association
- Additional Titles:
- AHNA/ANA holistic nursing: scope and standards of practice
- Silver Spring, Md. : American Nurses Association : Nursesbooks.org, 2013.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 199 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Mariano, Carla
American Holistic Nurses' Association
American Nurses Association
- ANA publication
- Introduction : -- Function of the scope of practice statement of holistic nursing -- Function of the standard of holistic nursing -- Function of competencies accompanying standards of holistic nursing -- Development of the holistic nursing standards of practice: basic and advanced -- Summary.
Holistic nursing scope of practice : -- Definition and overview of holistic nursing -- Evolution of holistic nursing -- Philosophical principles of holistic nursing -- Integrating the art and science of nursing: core values -- Settings for holistic nursing practice -- Educational preparation for holistic nursing practice -- Certification in holistic nursing -- Continued commitment to the profession -- Care of older adults in holistic nursing -- Current trends and issues -- Issues in holistic nursing -- Education -- Research -- Clinical practice -- Policy.
Standards of holistic nursing practice : -- Overarching philosophical principles of holistic nursing -- Standards of practice for holistic nursing -- Standards of professional performance for holistic nursing -- Appendix A: Holistic nursing: scope and standards of practice (2007) -- Appendix B: Goals and activities of the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) -- Appendix C: Categories of complementary/Alternative/Integrative/modalities (CAM) therapies -- Appendix D: AHNA position statements.
- Holistic nursing has as its goal healing the whole person, an approach that is grounded in the inherent interconnectedness of self, others, nature, and spirituality. The holistic nurse is an instrument of healing and a facilitator in the healing process, honoring the individual's subjective experience of health, health beliefs, and values, viewing the whole person and his/her needs in their entirety, with integration as the goal. This publication is a guide to the essentials of a distinctive practice specialty. -- Publisher description
- "Primary contributor: Carla Mariano"--P. vii.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 166-170) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11940483