Antenna Design by Simulation-Driven Optimization [electronic resource] / by Slawomir Koziel, Stanislav Ogurtsov
- Koziel, Slawomir
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- IX, 141 pages 94 illustrations, 45 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Ogurtsov, Stanislav and SpringerLink (Online service)
- SpringerBriefs in Optimization, 2190-8354
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Antenna Design Using Electromagnetic Simulations -- 3. Surrogate-Based Optimization -- 4. Methodologies for Variable-Fidelity Optimization of Antenna Structures -- 5. Low-Fidelity Antenna Models -- 6. Simulation-Based UWB Antenna Design -- 7. Optimization of Dielectric Resonator Antennas -- 8. Surrogate-Based Optimization of Microstrip Broadband Antennas -- 9. Simulation-Driven Antenna Array Optimization -- 10. Antenna Optimization with Surrogates and Adjoint Sensitivities.- 11. Simulation-Based Multi-Objective Antenna Optimization with Surrogate Models -- 12. Practical Aspects of Surrogate-Based Antenna Design: Selecting Model Fidelity -- 13. Discussion and Recommendations.
- This Brief reviews a number of techniques exploiting the surrogate-based optimization concept and variable-fidelity EM simulations for efficient optimization of antenna structures. The introduction of each method is illustrated with examples of antenna design. The authors demonstrate the ways in which practitioners can obtain an optimized antenna design at the computational cost corresponding to a few high-fidelity EM simulations of the antenna structure. There is also a discussion of the selection of antenna model fidelity and its influence on performance of the surrogate-based design process. This volume is suitable for electrical engineers in academia as well as industry, antenna designers and engineers dealing with computationally-expensive design problems.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 11943675