Fracture Mechanics of Ceramics [electronic resource] : Fatigue, Composites, and High-Temperature Behavior / edited by R. C. Bradt, D. P. H. Hasselman, D. Munz, M. Sakai, V. Ya. Shevchenko
- Bradt, R. C. (Richard Carl), 1938-
- Additional Titles:
- Second part of the proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium held in Karlsruhe, Germany, July 18-20, 1995
- Boston, MA : Springer US : Imprint: Springer, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- X, 592 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Hasselman, D. P. H., Munz, D., Sakai, M., Shevchenko, V. Ya., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Fracture Mechanics of Fatigue of Structural Ceramics -- Fatigue Behavior of Sintered Al2O3 under Rotary Bending and Static Fatigue -- Fatigue of Notched Alumina Specimens -- Static and Cyclic Fatigue of Zirconia Materials Measured by Double Torsion -- The Fatigue Behaviour of Mg-PSZ and ZTA Ceramics -- The Influence of Processing Techniques on the Fatigue Properties of Yttria Stabilized Zirconia with Different Grain Sizes -- Fatigue Crack Initiation and Propagation in Ceramics -- On Fatigue and Fracture Behavior of Si-Alloyed Pyrolytic Carbon -- An Analysis of Cyclic Fatigue Effects in Ceramic Matrix Composites -- Fatigue Life Predictions of PZT Using Continuum Damage Mechanics and Finite Element Methods -- Crack Growth in Ferroelectric Ceramics and Actuators under Mechanical and Electrical Loading -- Effects of Residual Stress on Fracture Toughness and Subcritical Crack Growth of Indented Cracks in Various Glasses -- Determination of Threshold Stress Intensity Factor for Sub-Critical Crack Growth in Ceramic Materials by Interrupted Static Fatigue Test -- Fracture Toughness and Subcritical Crack Growth in an Alumina/Silicon Carbide ‘Nanocomposite’ -- High Temperature Crack Growth in Silicon Nitride with Two Different Grain Sizes under Static and Cyclic Loads -- Simulating Non-Equilibrium Fracture Behavior of Ceramics in Controlled Bending Test -- Molecular Orbital Calculations Comparing Water Enhanced Bond Breakage in Sio2 and Si -- Interface Mechanisms in Ceramic-Ceramic Fibre Composites and Their Relations with Fracture and Fatigue Behaviour -- Fracture Characteristics of SiC Monofilament/SiAION Ceramic Composite -- Onset of Cumulative Damage (First Matrix Cracking) and the Effects of Test Parameters on the Tensile Behavior of a Continuous Fibre-Reinforced Ceramic Composite (CFCC) -- Crack Resistance of Ceramic Matrix Composites with Coulomb Friction Controlled Interfacial Processes -- Mechanical Behavior of Large Size Compact Tension Specimens of 2D SiC-SiC Composite Materials -- High Temperature Fracture Resistance and Strength of Ceramic Composites after Thermal Exposure at 1200 °C -- Microcracking in Silicon Carbide-Titanium Diboride Particulate Composites -- Determination of the Critical Stress for Microcracking in Alumina and Alumina Matrix Composites -- Application of a Multiparticle Model to Estimate the Brittle Strength of a Particle Reinforced Composite -- Fracture Behaviour and Toughening of Alumina-Based Composites Fabricated by Microstructural Control -- Fracture Characterization of Silicon Nitride Based Layered Composites -- Modelling Stress Distribution in Brittle Particulate — Brittle Matrix Composites -- Identification of Damage Variable in Ceramic Matrix Composite with Different Behaviour in Tension and Compression -- Thermal Properties and Thermal Stresses in Delaminated Ceramic Matrix Composites -- Interfacial Glass Structure Affecting Micromechanism of Fracture in a Fluorine-Doped Si3N4SiC Composite -- Interfacial Fracture in the Presence of Residual Stresses -- Fracture Behavior of Interphase-Modified Metal/Ceramic Interfaces -- Stresses and Fracture in Ceramic-Metal Joints -- Indentation Cracking of Brittle Thin Films on Brittle Substrates -- Influence of a Functionally Gradient Surface on Cracking in WC/Co Hardmetals -- High-Temperature Failure of Vitreous-Bonded Alumina -- Tensile Creep of Sintered Silicon Nitride Ceramics at Elevated Temperatures -- Damage Creep in SiCf-MLAS Composites -- The Variation of Indentation Fracture with Temperature in Silicon Carbide, Silicon Nitride and Zirconia -- On High Temperature Creep and Damage of Polycrystalline Ceramics -- Pseudoplastic Deformation and Failure of Y-TZP-AI2O3 Ceramics at High Temperature -- Effect of Remanent Polarization Level on Macrocrack Extension in Lead Zirconate Titanate (PZT) -- Authors.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 11944546