Protein Purification [electronic resource] : Principles and Practice / by Robert K. Scopes
- Scopes, Robert K.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Springer, 1987.
- Second Edition.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 329 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Springer Advanced Texts in Chemistry, 0172-6323
- 1 The Enzyme Purification Laboratory -- 2 Making an Extract -- 3 Separation by Precipitation -- 4 Separation by Adsorption. I. General Principles -- 5 Separation by Adsorption. II. Specific Adsorbents -- 6 Separation in Solution -- 7 Optimization of Procedures; Recombinant Protein Techniques -- 8 Maintenance of Active Enzymes -- 9 Measurement of Enzyme Activity -- 10 Analysis for Purity: Crystallization -- Appendix A -- Addition of Precipitants -- Appendix B -- Solutions for Measuring Protein Concentration -- References.
- This updated edition of a widely accepted textbook now also includes discussions of the important techniques of high performance liquid chromatography and dye-ligand chromatography. The book is a practical guide on how to get started in planning a protein isolation and provides enough information to permit an intelligent choice of appropriate techniques. By pointing to more detailed information in the literature, it can also act as a reference book. This textbook is aimed at courses in protein purification in biochemistry and downstream processing in biotechnology.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11945100