New Techniques in the Analysis of Foods [electronic resource] / edited by Michael H. Tunick, Samuel A. Palumbo, Pina M. Fratamico
- Tunick, Michael H.
- Boston, MA : Springer US : Imprint: Springer, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 213 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Palumbo, Samuel A., Fratamico, Pina M., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Physical Properties -- 1. Transmission Electron Microscopic Imaging of Casein Submicelle Distribution in Mozzarella Cheese -- 2. Confocal Microscopy of Bread -- 3. Dimensional Analysis of the Electrorheological Behavior of Milk Chocolate -- 4. Extracting Useful Information from Irregular and Irreproducible Mechanical and Other Signatures -- 5. DSC Analysis of Starch Thermal Properties Related to Functionality in Low-Moisture Baked Goods -- 6. Phase Transitions of Soy Globulins and the Development of State Diagrams -- 7. A Novel Fluorescent Method for Rapid Screening of Compounds for Antioxidant Activity -- Microbiological Analyses -- 8. An Overview of Methods for Identification of E. coli O157:H7 -- 9. A Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensor for Real-Time Immunologic Detection of Escherichia coli O157:H7 -- 10. Bioluminescence: Shedding New Light on Old Problems -- 11. Use of the Submerged-Coil Heating Apparatus in the Study of Thermal Resistance of Foodborne Pathogens -- 12. A Rapid Method for Predicting the Potential Shelf-Life of Fresh Chicken -- 13. Rapid Impediometric Method to Determine Crustacean Food Freshness -- Compositional Analyses -- 14. Rapid Methods for Compositional Analyses of Meat and Meat Products -- 15. A New Mass Spectrometric Method for the Regiospecific Analysis of Triacylglycerols in Edible Oils and Fats -- 16. MALDI-MS for Food Analysis -- 17. Analysis of Food Carbohydrates: Sugars, Starches, and Dietary Fiber Polysaccharides -- 18. Determination of Nitrate and Nitrite in Meat and Dairy Products.
- This book encompasses the latest methods in food analysis, including newly developed techniques, such as MALDI-MS, and newly developed applications of established techniques that are not normally used for food, such as electrorheology. There are also overviews of the latest methods in certain areas, such as E. coli detection.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11945170