Separations of f Elements [electronic resource] / edited by Kenneth L. Nash, Gregory R. Choppin
- Nash, Kenneth L.
- Boston, MA : Springer US : Imprint: Springer, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 277 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Choppin, Gregory R. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction: A Brief History of f Elements Separations -- In the Beginning, There Was the Actinide Hypothesis -- New Methods of Transplutonium Elements Isolation, Purification, and Separation from Rare Earth Elements and Selected Fission Products -- Extraction of Eu(III) and Am(III) with Thio and Amide Extractants -- Selective Extraction of Trivalent Actinides from Lanthanides with Dithiophosphinic Acids and Tributylphosphate -- Design of Ligands for f Element Separations -- Synthesis and Evaluation of Polyhydroxamate Chelators for Selective Actinide Ion Sequestration -- Synthesis, Characterization, and Actinide Extraction Behavior of Bridge-Modified Carbamoylmethyl-Phosphonates and Phosphine Oxides -- New Water-Soluble Phosphonate and Polycarboxylate Complexants for Enhanced f Elements Separations -- Separation of Americium from Europium by Solvent Extraction from Aqueous Phosphonate Media -- Europium(III) Interaction with a Water Soluble Complexant: From Speciation to Photodestruction -- Use of Selective Inorganic Ion Exchangers for Separation of Rare Earths -- Factors Influencing the Efficiencies of Multistage Separations of Lanthanides -- Removal of Plutonium and Americium from Hydrochloric Acid Waste Streams Using Extraction Chromatography -- Sorption Behavior of Uranium onto Reillex™-HPQ Anion Exchange Resin from Nitric and Hydrochloric Acid Solutions -- Issues in the Scale-up of Aqueous Biphasic Extraction of Uranium from Contaminated Soils -- Plutonium and Americium Separation Using Organophosphorus Extractant Adsorbed onto Ferromagnetic Particles -- Magnetic Separation for Environmental Remediation -- Appendix 1. List of Participants in the Symposium.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 11945282