Geosciences and Water Resources: Environmental Data Modeling [electronic resource] / edited by Claude Bardinet, Jean-Jacques Royer
- Bardinet, Claude
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- XXIV, 312 pages 100 illustrations, 21 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Royer, J. J. (Jean-Jacques) and SpringerLink (Online service)
- The Quest For A Healthier Environment -- 1 : Water In Ecosystems A Non Renewable Resource -- On The Problems Of Assessing The World’s Water Resources -- System For The Management Of Agricultural Pollution : Eureka-Ismap Project -- New tools for diagnosing underground pollution by petro-chemicals. A creative concept in Europe -- Effects of Tributaries on River Water — Sediment Interactions : A Multidimensional Presentation -- Environmental Assessment and Management In Moldavia -- Time and Space Forecasting of Nitrate and Salinity Contents in The Near-Shore Aquifers of Campo De Dalias (South East Spain) -- Incidence of Fluorosis In India With Special Reference To Andhra Pradesh -- Contamination of Lake Water By Pesticides Via Atmospheric Transport -- A New Methodology Concept In Aquatic Ecotoxicology : The Integrated Approach From Laboratory To Outdoor Experiments -- Stochastic Imaging Of Environmental Data -- 2: Global Atmospheric Evolution Impact of Anthropogenic Activities -- Modeling Paleoclimatic Changes Using A Feedback Energetic System. Prediction of Mean Ice Global Variations -- Gaseous Toxic Emission From Plastic Materials During Their Thermal Decomposition -- Inventory of Pollutant Emissions Into Atmosphere In Europe — Corinair Project -- 3: Space and Earth Remote Sensing Gis Application to Environmental Impact Studies -- Environmental Impact Analysis Using Remotely Sensed Data -- Use of the Rose-Diagram Method for Vegetation Fire Pattern Analysis On A Regional Scale In Africa -- Integration of Lands At Tm Data and Spot Digital Elevation Model Applied to Geoscientific and Geotechnical Research In the Area North Of Kathmandu, Nepal -- Geographic Information System for Environmental Assessment of the Long-Range Pollution Effects In Remote Areas (Himalayas, Nepal) -- 4: Regional Environmental Changes Application To Soil Erosion Modeling -- Desertification of Mediterranean and Mountainous Regions -- Land Cover Change Detection In A Mediterranean Area (Maritime Syria) From Remotely Sensed Data -- Index of Environmental Quality for Land Management -- 5: Accessing Geoenvironmental Data From On-Line To Expert Systems -- Large Database Access and Usage In The Earth and Space Sciences Through Computer Networks -- International Directory Network — Russian Branch -- G.D.Q.— Expert: An Expert System for Assessing Geotechnical Data Quality. Application to the Menard Pressuremeter Test -- The Use of G.I.S. In Petroleum Industry for Oil Exploration and Production -- 6: Ecotoxicological Issues -- Cleaning of Gas Flow Using Chemical Reaction Database -- Photo-Induced Toxicity Of Pahs: Qsar Models and Environmental Significance -- Cautionary Comments Concerning The Use of Profiles of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (Pah) For Source Apportionment -- DNA Modifications Due To Oxidative Damage -- Index of Authors -- Color Plates.
- This volume contains selected up-to-date professional papers prepared by specialists from various disciplines related to geosciences and water resources. It brings together contributions, both theoretical and applied, with special attention to Water in Ecosystems, Global Atmospheric Evolution, Space and Earth Remote Sensing, Regional Environmental Changes, Accessing Geoenvironmental Data and Ecotoxicological Issues.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11946222