Os Organoosmium Compounds [electronic resource] : Part B6 / by Kerstin Behrends ; edited by Cornelia Weber, Johannes Füssel
- Behrends, Kerstin
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1993.
- 8th Edition.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 249 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Weber, Cornelia, Füssel, Johannes, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Gmelin Handbook of Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry - 8th edition ; O-s / a- / B / 6
- Two thirds of the volume are devoted to triosmium carbonyl compounds, generally containing a triangular Os3 core, in which additional ligands are bonded to osmium by one µ2- or µ3- bridging carbon atoms. Prominent examples of ligands with µ2- bridging carbon atoms are bridging carbenes, but in addition bridging aryl groups or heterocycles. In many cases the ligand is additionally coordinated to osmium by heteroatoms. Almost all ligands with µ3- bridging carbon atoms are of the carbyne type, leading to pseudotetrahedral Os3C molecular cores. The final section deals with heterometallic carbonyl compounds containing additional ligands bonded by one carbon atom, mostly in a bridging manner. Most of the compounds in this volume are structurally well characterized. Their reactions often are accompanied by unexpected rearrangement either of the cluster core or of the ligands.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11946782