W Tungsten [electronic resource] : Supplement Volume A4 Surface Properties. Electron Emission / by Gerhard Czack, Gerhard Kirschstein, Wolfgang Kurtz, Frank Stein ; edited by Wolfgang Huisl, Wolfgang Kurtz, Frank Stein
- Czack, Gerhard
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1993.
- 8th Edition.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 279 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Kirschstein, Gerhard, Kurtz, Wolfgang, Stein, Frank, Huisl, Wolfgang, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Atomic Structure, Lattice Dynamics, and Electronic Structure of Tungsten Surfaces -- 2 Surface Free Energy. Surface Tension -- 3 Surface Self-Diffusion -- 4 Work Function -- 5 Electron Emission -- 6 Field Evaporation.
- The volume describes physical properties of tungsten metal and covers specifically surface properties, electron emission, and field evaporation. Tungsten surfaces are probably the most extensively studied metal surfaces. Recently, experimentalists and theorists have focussed their interest on the atomic structure, lattice dynamics, and electronic properties of the W(100) surface. While the structure of the reconstructed low-temperature surface is well established, there are still unresolved problems concerning the structure at and above room temperature, the nature of the phase transition, and the driving force for the reconstruction. There are numerous and partly conflicting data on the surface energy, the self-diffusion parameters, and the work function of single-crystal and polycrystal tungsten surfaces. Electron emission, which is of fundamental importance for many applications, comprises thermionic, field, photofield, and photoelectric emission as well as emission induced by impinging electrons, atoms, or ions. Pioneering work in areas like thermionic or field emission is comprehensively discussed. Very recent studies of valence-band and core-level spectra moreover provide detailed information on intrinsic surface properties.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11946840