Nanostructured Materials [electronic resource] / edited by Heinrich Hofmann, Zakia Rahman, Ulrich Schubert
- Hofmann, Heinrich
- Vienna : Springer Vienna, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 193p : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Rahman, Zakia, Schubert, U. (Ulrich), and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Invited Review -- Magnetic Nanoparticles and Biosciences -- Contributions -- Direct Synthesis of Nanocrystalline Hydroxyapatite by Hydrothermal Hydrolysis of Alkylphosphates -- Preparation of Nanostructured Magnetic Films by the Plasma Jet Technique -- Growth of Anodic Films on Compound Semiconductor Electrodes: InP in Aqueous (NH4)2S -- A Study of PbTiO3 Crystallization in Pure and Composite Nanopowders Prepared by the Sol-Gel Technique -- Self-Organization of Magnetic Nanoparticles and Inclusion of Hydrogen by Borohydride Reduction -- Magnetic Properties of Ball-Milled Nanocrystalline Alloys Fe78B13Si9 -- Microstructure and Magnetic Behaviour of Nanosized Fe3O4 Powders and Polycrystalline Films -- Microstructure and Defect Characterization of Nanostructured Ni3Al -- Characterization of Nanocomposite Coatings in the System Ti-B-N by Analytical Electron Microscopy and X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy -- Electronic Structure and Size of TiO2 Nanoparticles of Controlled Size Prepared by Aerosol Methods -- Influence of Nanoporosity and Roughness on the Thickness-Dependent Coercivity of Iron Nanonetworks -- Influence of Al2O3 Nanoparticles on the Thermal Stability of Ultra-Fine Grained Copper Prepared by High Pressure Torsion -- Vibrational Spectroscopy and Analytical Electron Microscopy Studies of Fe-V-O and In-V-O Thin Films -- Probing the Exciton Density of States in Semiconductor Nanocrystals Using Integrated Photoluminescence Spectroscopy -- EXAFS Investigations on Nanocomposites Composed of Surface-Modified Zirconium and Zirconium/Titanium Mixed Metal Oxo Clusters and Organic Polymers.
- The articles in this book summarize the work presented at the mid-term workshop of the COST (European Cooperation in the Fields of Scientific and Technical Research) action on Nanostructured Materials, which was held in October 2001 in Limerick, Ireland. The collection gives an excellent overview of the state-of-the-art, topical research areas in this field, and the progress made by the coordinated research projects. The articles cover synthesis, physical properties and characterization of nanostructured materials, such as magnetic and ferroelectric nanoparticles, nanoparticles in biological systems, metallic nanoparticles, nanocomposites, particle-reinforced polymers, semiconductor nanoparticles and thin films.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11946927