Atomistic Aspects of Epitaxial Growth [electronic resource] / edited by Miroslav Kotrla, Nicolas I. Papanicolaou, Dimitri D. Vvedensky, Luc T. Wille
- Kotrla, Miroslav
- Additional Titles:
- Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop, held in Dasia, Corfu, Greece, June 25-30, 2001
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 604 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Papanicolaou, Nicolas I., Vvedensky, Dimitri D., Wille, Luc T., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Experimental Study of Surface Diffusion in Metal Overlayers on Anisotropic Metal Surfaces -- Ab Initio Modeling of Free Energy Profiles in Thermally-Activated Processes -- Surface Diffusion with a Realistic Damping Coefficient -- Vibrational and Structural Properties of the Nb(001) Surface with and without a Nb Adatom by Tight-Binding Molecular Dynamics -- Adatoms and Vacancies on A3B (001) Surfaces -- Long-Time-Scale Simulations of Al(100) Crystal Growth -- Diffusion of Dimers on Silicon and Germanium (001) Surfaces -- Island Nucleation in Metal Thin-Film Growth -- Capture-Numbers and Island Size-Distributions in Irreversible Homoepitaxial Growth: A Rate Equation Approach -- Island Statistics Reflecting Growth Processes -- Growth of an Anisotropic Surface: The Case of Ag/Ag(110 -- Vibrational Properties of 2D Copper Islands on the Cu(111) Surface by MD Simulations -- Irreversible Nucleation in Multilayer Growth -- Second Layer Nucleation and the Shape of Wedding Cakes -- Steering Epitaxial Growth -- Coarsening Mechanisms in Surface Morphological Evolution -- Realistic Atomistic Modeling of Mound Formation during Multilayer Growth: Metal(100) Homoepitaxy -- Patterning Surfaces by Self-Organized Growth -- Growth and Ion Erosion: Two Methods for Patterning Surfaces -- Oscillatory Driving of Crystal Surfaces: A Route to Controlled Pattern Formation -- Reconstruction-Determined Growth of Silver on Silicon(111)—(7×7 -- Electromigration of Si Adatoms on Si Surfaces: A Key to Understanding Step Bunching Instabilities during Sublimation and MBE Growth -- Atomic Steps on a Single-Crystal Surface Studied with in situ UHV Reflection-Electron Microscopy -- Mechanisms and Anomalies in the Formation of InAs-GaAs(001) Quantum Dot Structures -- Ab initio Study of Stability of Surfaces and Nanostructures -- Atomistic and Continuum Elastic Effects in Heteroepitaxial Systems -- An Initio Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics of Diffusion, Growth, and Self-Assembly of Quantum Dots -- Atomistic Aspects of SiGe Nanostructure Formation by Molecular-Beam Epitaxy -- Stress-Induced Surface Modulation -- Entropy Effects in the Self-Organized Formation of Nanostructures -- Dislocation-Free 3D Islands in Highly Mismatched Epitaxy: An Equilibrium Study with Anharmonic Interactions -- Self-Assembly of Few-Atom Clusters in a Model of a Strained Submonolayer -- Ab initio Study of the Influence of Epitaxial Strain on Magnetoelastic Properties -- Strain Characterization of Epitaxially-Grown Superlattices by Raman Spectroscopy -- Effect of Annealing at High Hydrostatic Pressure of Silicon Implanted with Helium and Oxygen -- Effect of High Temperature-Pressure on Strain Relaxation in Thin Layers of Semiconductors Epitaxially Grown on GaAs and Si Substrates -- Atomic View of Surfactant Action in Epitaxial Growth: From STM to Computer Simulation -- Effects of Atomic Interactions in Two-Component Submonolayer Growth -- Ultrathin Ionic Films Epitaxially Grown on III-V Semiconductors Studied with Atomic Resolution -- Ultraviolet-Assisted Pulsed Laser Deposition of Thin Oxide Films -- Atomistic Theory of the Growth Mode for a Thin Metallic Film on an Insulating Substrate -- Structure and Formation Mechanism of Nanogranular CoCu Films -- Photoemission Studies of Bimetallic Ultrathin Films: Au-Ni on Yttria- Stabilized ZrO2(100 -- Ab-initio Calculations on the Structural and Electronic Properties of BaO/BaTiO3 and SrO/SrTiO3 Interfaces -- Atomic Ordering and its Influence on the Optical and Electrical Properties of InGaP Grown by MOVPE -- Nanoscopic Study of Zirconia Films Grown by Atomic Layer Deposition.
- Epitaxial growth lies at the heart of a wide range of industrial and technological applications. Recent breakthroughs, experimental and theoretical, allow actual atom-by-atom manipulation and an understanding of such processes, opening up a totally new area of unprecedented nanostructuring. The contributions to Atomistic Aspects of Epitaxial Growth are divided into five main sections, taking the reader from the atomistic details of surface diffusion to the macroscopic description of epitaxial systems. many of the papers contain substantial background material on theoretical and experimental methods, making the book suitable for both graduate students as a supplementary text in a course on epitaxial phenomena, and for professionals in the field.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11947482