Nutrition and Diet Therapy Reference Dictionary [electronic resource] / by Rosalinda T. Lagua, Virginia S. Claudio
- Lagua, Rosalinda T.
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands, 1996.
- Fourth Edition.
- Physical Description:
- 491p : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Claudio, Virginia Serraon, 1932- and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Dictionary Terms -- Appendices -- 1 Food and Nutrition Board, National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council Recommended Dietary Allowances, Revised 1989 -- 2 Estimated Safe and Adequate Daily Dietary Intakes of Selected Vitamins and Minerals -- 3 Recommended Dietary Standards for Adults in Selected Countries and FAO/WHO -- 4 The Food Guide Pyramid (USA) -- 5 Nutrition Labeling (USA) -- 6 U.S. Daily Values for Nutrition Labeling -- 7A Dietary Guidelines for All Healthy Americans over 2 Years Old -- 7B National Nutrition Objectives for the Year 2000 -- 8 Classification of Carbohydrates -- 9 Classification of Proteins -- 10 Classification of Lipids -- 11A Summary of Digestive Enzymes -- 11B Summary of Selected Hormones -- 12 Utilization of Carbohydrates -- 13 Utilization of Proteins -- 14 Utilization of Fats -- 15 Interrelationship of Carbohydrate, Protein, and Fat -- 16 Summary of Vitamins -- 17 Summary of Minerals -- 18 Median Weights and Heights for Children from Birth to 18 Years -- 19 Average Weights for Men and Women Aged 18–74 Years -- 20A Acceptable Weights for Men and Women -- 20B 1983 Metropolitan Height-Weight Tables -- 21 Estimation of Frame Size and Stature -- 22 Reference Values for Triceps Skinfold Thickness -- 23 Reference Values for Midarm Muscle Circumference -- 24 Estimation of Energy and Protein Requirements -- 25 Interpretations and Equations for Assessing Nutritional Status -- 26 Physical Assessment of Nutritional Status -- 27 Biochemical Assessment of Nutritional Status -- 28 Reference Values for Blood Lipids -- 29 Expected 24-Hour Urinary Creatinine Excretion -- 30 Reference Values for Normal Blood Constituents -- 31 Normal Reference Values for Urine -- 32 Dietary Fiber in Selected Foods -- 33 Alcohol and Caloric Content of Alcoholic Beverages -- 34 Cholesterol and Fatty Acid Content of Selected Foods (per 100 g of edible portion) -- 35 Average Caffeine Content of Selected Foods (mg) -- 36 Salt, Salt Substitutes, and Seasonings: Sodium and Potassium Contents -- 37 Composition of Milk and Selected Formulas for Infant Feeding -- 38 Composition of Oral and Intravenous Electrolyte Solutions -- 39 Proprietary Formulas for Enteral Nutrition -- 40 Selected Amino Acid Solutions for Parenteral Nutrition -- 41 Intravenous Fat Emulsions -- 42 Suggested Intravenous Multivitamin Formulation -- 43 Caloric Values and Osmolarities of Intravenous Dextrose Solutions -- 44 Nutrition Therapy in Inborn Errors of Metabolism -- 45 Common Prefixes, Suffixes, and Symbols -- 46 Common Abbreviations in Nutrition and the Medical Records -- 47A Cultural Food Practices -- 47B Religious Food Practices -- 48 Public Health Nutrition Programs and Surveys (USA) -- 49 Agencies and Organizations with Nutrition-Related Activities -- 50 Sources of Nutrition Information.
- This wide-ranging volume covers all aspects of nutrition, including assessment, drug-nutrient interactions, laboratory interpretations, enteral and parenteral nutrition support, community and public health nutrition programs, nutrition throughout the life cycle, and such topics as nutrition and the immune system, nutrition labelling, chemical dependency, AIDS, and organ transplantation. Its comprehensive coverage of medical nutrition therapy and public health nutrition far exceeds the standard medical dictionaries. With more than 3000 carefully selected entries and 50 appendices, the new Fourth edition includes 380 new terms and more than 600 revised and expanded definitions. Definitions are cross-referenced to other entries and the materials found in the Appendix to provide further details and information.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 11948029