Endofullerenes [electronic resource] : A New Family of Carbon Clusters / edited by Takeshi Akasaka, Shigeru Nagase
- Developments in Fullerene Science, 1568-2366 ; 3
- 1. Putting nonmetals into fullerenes -- 2. Group V endohedral fullerenes: N@C60, N@C70, and P@C60 -- 3. Collisional production and characterization of alkali endohedral fullerenes -- 4. Structures and electronic properties of endohedral metallofullerenes; theory and experiment -- 5. Trimetallic Nitride Template (TNT) Endohedral Metallofullerenes -- 6. Redox properties and purification of endohedral metallofullerenes -- 7. Electron spin resonance spectroscopy for metallofullerenes -- 8. Raman and infrared spectra of endohedral metallofullerenes -- 9. Structures of fullerides and endohedral metallofullerenes found by MEM/Rietveld method -- 10. Lanthanide-metallofullerenes -- 11. Chemical properties of endohedral metallofullerene and its ions -- 12. Encapsulation of atom into C60 cage -- 13. Endohedral metallofullerene in gas phase -- 14. Capturer-captive chemistry. Endohedral fullerenes as representatives of molecular jailing.
- This book, edited and written by an outstanding team of experts, aims to review the current research work on endofullerenes (endohedrally doped fullerenes). The book is based on a classification according to atom(s) encapsulated into fullerene. This allows an in-depth treatment of the characteristics of each class of endofullerene. The wide-range scientific community of chemistry, physics, material science and so forth will welcome this book as a valuable source of a new family of fullerenes, endofullerenes for developing their future science. Structural, electronic, and dynamical properties of endofullerenes such as He@C60, Li@C60, N@C60, La@C82, La2@C80, and Sc3N@C80 are described which have been experimentally and theoretically investigated using a wide variety of methods. In general, the emphasis is on the experimental scope and the theoretical aspects of various endofullerenes. By presenting and comparing data from different sources, experiments and theory, the book helps the reader to rapidly master the basic knowledge, to grasp important issues, and critically discuss them.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11948124