Historical dictionary of the Sudan [electronic resource] / Robert S. Kramer, Richard A. Lobban, Carolyn Fluehr-Lobban
- Historical dictionaries of Africa
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Current Sudan Factfile / Jon Woronoff -- 2.Ethno-Linguistic Groups in or Adjoining the Sudan / Jon Woronoff -- 3.Sultans / Jon Woronoff -- 4.18th- and 19th-Century Administrators / Jon Woronoff -- 5.1890 Agreement for the Administration of the Sudan / Jon Woronoff -- 6.Political Structure and Administration / Jon Woronoff -- 7.Educational Institutions / Jon Woronoff.
- This fourth edition of the Historical Dictionary of the Sudan covers the history of Sudan through a chronology, an introductory essay, appendixes, and an extensive bibliography. The dictionary section has over 700 hundred cross-referenced entries on important personalities, politics, economy, foreign relations, religion, and culture. This book is an excellent access point for students, researchers, and anyone wanting to know more about the Sudan.
- 9780810879409 (ebook) and 0810879409 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 11948559