Beyond the edge of certainty : essays in contemporary science and philosophy / edited by Robert G. Colodny
- Lanham, MD : University Press of America, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 287 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Colodny, Robert Garland
- CPS publications in philosophy of science
- Newton's first law / Norwood Russell Hanson -- The origin and nature of Newton's laws of motion / Brian Ellis -- A response to Ellis's conception of Netwon's first law / Norwood Russell Hanson -- A philosopher looks at quantum mechanics / Hilary Putnam -- The thermodynamics of purpose / David Hawkins -- The physics of the large / Philip Morrison -- Problems of empiricism / Paul K. Feyerabend -- The ethical dimension of scientific research / Nicholas Rescher.
0819130583 (UPA/CPS publications in philosophy series : pbk.)
- Reprint. Originally published: Englewood Cliffs, N.J. : Prentice-Hall, 1965. (University of Pittsburgh series in the philosophy of science ; v. 2).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 1195053