Dyslexia. Raising self-esteem [electronic resource].
- Additional Titles:
- Raising self-esteem
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (8 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Available Light Productions
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Dyslexic children can often suffer from low self esteem, which can affect their learning. At Southfield Primary school near Swindon they have developed a whole-school approach to giving children the confidence they need to succeed. Deputy Head Nicola Anderton explains why raising awareness about dyslexia, through celebrating events like national Dylexia awareness week can change dyslexics views of themselves. At the school the SENCO has started Dyslexia club, a place for dyslexics to air their concerns and also learn some tools which they can take into the classroom. We see the club in action as the children discuss their feelings and learn some new ways of working. As the children say themselves, it helps them to feel more confident and as the SENCO explains, self belief is everything.
- Audience Notes:
- For Elementary School audiences.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Jan. 9, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2013. (Education in Video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11954590