Lesson starters. 8, Sound [electronic resource] : materials : brick and foam
- Additional Titles:
- Sound : materials : brick and foam
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (1 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Teachers TV (Television Channel)
- Education in video
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- This clip features a demonstration of how musical instruments sound different when they are played in different environments. It is ideal for use as a lesson starter in KS3/4 science. The presenter plays a saxophone in a room with brick walls, then in a room with walls made of foam. There are marked differences in the sounds. The questions for students to consider are: What is the difference between the sound heard in the brick room and the room with the foam walls? What causes the difference? See the accompanying teachers' notes for a full explanation of the science underpinning the demonstration, plus suggested extension activities.
- Audience Notes:
- For High School audiences.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Jan. 9, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2013. (Education in Video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11954850