Supply chain transformation : practical roadmap to best practice results / Richard J. Sherman
- Sherman, Richard J., 1950-
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 188 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
- Chapter 1: Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional. Globalization Changes the Game ; Paradigms Drive Organizational Behavior and Culture ; Assessing Your Company's Culture ; Levels of Cultural Maturity ; Building a Case for Change ; Paradigms Can Encourage or Constrain Innovation ; Notes -- Chapter 2: Putting the Business in Perspective. Defining and Understanding Business Objectives ; Defining the Business within the Context of the Market ; Developing Your Vision ; Adding SWOT Analysis Puts the Business in Perspective ; Principle of Creative Tension ; Notes -- Chapter 3: Market DRivers and the Dynamics of Change. Supply Chain is Marketing a Tool for Analyzing the Market Environment Impacting the Supply Chain ; Scanning the Market Environment for Drivers of Change ; Systems Thinking Your Strategy for Managing in a Changing Market ; Notes -- Chapter 4: Business Structures Are the Levers of Change. You Can't Break Down the Silos: Collaboration Is the Key ; Understanding the Business Structures and Processes That Govern the Behavior of the Organization ; Vertical and Horizontal Business Structures and Drivers ; Everything that Gets Done Gets Done through a Process... ; Business Process Management -- Chapter 5: If You're Driven by Demand, You're Probably Being Driven Crazy. What Are the Demand Creation Structure Process Types? ; Demand Creation Processes Impact Demand Fulfillment ; Behavior Dramatically ; Guess What? The Forecast is Wrong, Deal with It ; Forecasting Is as Much about ARt as It Is about Science ; Event-DRiven Forecasting Is a Best Practice Imperative ; Extend Collaborative Processes to the Customer (and Supplier) ; Note -- Chapter 6: Supply Chain Management: A Pipeline of Opportunity. Understanding the Demand Fulfillment Structure ; Major Operating Functions of the Demand Fulfillment Structure ; Procurement, Production, and Logistics ; Lean Six Sigma Is Not an Option -- It's a Requirement ; Leveraging Supply Chain Capability for Synchronization ; Strategy, Planning, and Execution ; Notes -- Chapter 7: Okay, We Need Management Commitment; So, How Do We Get It? Understanding the Demand Performance Structure ; You Can't Manage What You Can't Measure ; Process Types That Drive the Demand Performance STructure ; What Keeps the CEO and CFO Up at Night? ; How Does Operations (Supply Chain) Excellence Impact the Income Statement and Balance Sheet to Drive Return on Invested Capital? ; Notes -- Chapter 8: Technology Drives the Waves of Change. Scanning the Horizon for Technology Developments ; What Emerging Technologies are Likely to Impact the Supply Chain? ; How Does Technology Impact the Organization? ; How Can Information Technology Enable Business Operations to Maximize Return? -- Chapter 9: Making the Journey Happen. We got Management Commitment, What Do We Do Now? ; Developing an Operating Plan and Creating a Culture for Change ; Benchmarking: Perception versus Reality ; How Do We EAt the Elephant? Identifying Projects and Setting Priorities ; Jump on the Bandwagon: Communicating the Game Plan and Building Operations Support ; Note -- Conclusion: Business As Usual Has Been Canceled, Now What?
- 9781118314449 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 175-176) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12130758