Biological and biomimetic adhesives : challenges and opportunities / edited by Romana Santos, [and others].
- Conference Author:
- International Conference on Biological and Biomimetic Adhesives (1st : 2012 : Universidade de Lisboa)
- Cambridge : Royal Society of Chemistry, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 186 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Santos, Romana
- Machine generated contents note: pt. 1 Bioadhesive Characterisation -- Multiple metal-based cross-links: protein oxidation and metal coordination in a biological glue / A.M. Smith -- The mineralized byssus of Anomia simplex: a calcified attachment system / Y.H. Tseng -- Qualitative and quantitative study of spiny starfish (Marthasterias glacialis) footprints using atomic force microscopy / A.S. Mostaert -- pt. 2 Modelling of Biomimetic Systems -- How geometry affects the adhesion of gecko-like adhesives / H. Holscher -- Underwater adhesion of mushroom-shaped adhesive microstructure: an airentrapment effect / S.N. Gorb -- Bio-inspired duplex attachment pad with asymmetric adhesion / M.K. Chaudhury -- pt. 3 Targeting Specific Applications -- What can we learn from the octopus? / B. Mazzolai -- Mussel-inspired adhesive interfaces for biomedical applications / M.O. Guler -- Characterization of biomimetic adhesives from the red alga Gracilaria conferta for biomedical applications / R. Azhari -- Bacterial adhesion systems as an alternative for the industry: a case study / C. Orgiles-Barcelo -- pt. 4 Surface Modification for Optimal Bonding/Debonding -- Endothelial cells adhesion on modified polyurethane surface as the way to fabricate a novel material for cardiosurgery / T. Ciach -- The use of cell outer membrane mimetic surfaces in order to obtain clot resistant coatings / T. Ciach -- pt. 5 Conference outlook -- 1st International Conference on Biological and Biomimetic Adhesives / L.P. Lopes.
- 9781849736695 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Don and Marion MacKinnon Library Endowment in Biotechnology; 2013
- Endowment Note:
- Don and Marion MacKinnon Library Endowment in Biotechnology
View MARC record | catkey: 12131248