Public space in urban Asia / [edited] by William S.W. Lim
- New Jersey : World Scientific, 
- Physical Description:
- 271 pages : illustrations (some color), map ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lim, William Siew Wai, 1932-
- Public space in urban Asia : the multiple spaces of Bukit Brown / Chua Ai Lin, Terence Chong and Claire Leow -- Vestigial as alternative : the KTM rail corridor and the search for the un-regularized / Liew Kai Khiun -- Singapore's void decks / Stephen Cairns -- Hawker centres : siting/sighting Singapore's food heritage / Randy Chan -- Chongqing / Wei Haoyan -- Pops in Hong Kong : investigating public space making in Hong Kong through the lens of creative space / Tat Lam -- Common space vs. public space in contemporary urbanisation / Marco Kusumawijaya -- Thick crust of time : Kuala Lumpur / Lim Teng Ngiom -- Salute to illegal architecture / Roan Ching-yueh ; commentaries by Lilian Chee, Jane Jacob and Koon Wee -- Global dynamic change and power rebalance / William S.W. Lim -- Commentary on incomplete urbanism / Andrew Lee, Leong Teng Wui and Ong Swee Hong -- Spatial justice and happiness / William S.W. Lim -- Spatial justice : a Singapore case study / William S.W. Lim -- Change we must / William S.W. Lim.
- "The world faces two absolute imperatives. One is to eradicate global poverty and reduce the income gap. The other is to ensure social and environmental sustainability. There is currently an increasing convergence of views among the majority, particularly the younger generation, that to achieve these goals we need to redefine key concepts such as inclusiveness and bottom up participation. Over the last few decades the rise of many cities, especially in emerging economies, has threatened to erode much of public space. It is in this context that William SW Lim, Chairperson of the Asian Urban Lab has edited Public Space in Urban Asia, to discuss the issue of Public Space in selected Asian cities"--
- 9789814578325 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 9814578320 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- B&W ILLUS. PAPERS BASED ON 2012 WORKSHOP.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12131889