Well-being and beyond : broadening the public and policy discourse / Timo J. Hämäläinen, Juliet Michaelson
- Cheltenham : Edward Elgar, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Hämäläinen, Timo J. and Michaelson, Juliet
- Machine generated contents note: 1.New theories and policies for well-being: introduction / Timo J. Hamalainen -- pt. I THE NEED FOR COHERENCE -- 2.In search of coherence: sketching a theory of sustainable well-being / Timo J. Hamalainen -- 3.The salutogenic framework for well-being: implications for public policy / Bengt Lindstrom -- 4.Well-being and well-becoming: reauthorizing the subject in incoherent times / Andrew Lyon -- pt. II RESTORING THE CENTRALITY OF THE SOCIAL -- 5.Understanding and improving the social context of well-being / John F. Helliwell -- 6.Buying alone: how the decreasing American happiness turned into the current economic crisis / Stefano Bartolini -- 7.Creating supportive environments to foster reasonableness and achieve sustainable well-being / Stephen Kaplan -- pt. III REVISING ECONOMIC PRINCIPLES -- 8.What implications does well-being science have for economic policy? / Charles Seaford -- 9.Well-being in organizations / Cary L. Cooper -- pt. IV POLICY RESPONSES -- 10.The politics of consciousness / Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi -- 11.Well-being, capitalism and public policy: from generalization to granularity / Geoff Mulgan -- 12.Well-being for growth and democracy in the EU / Agnes Hubert -- 13.Policies for well-being and health / Pekka Puska -- 14.Practical models for well-being-oriented policy / Juliet Michaelson.
- 1783472901 (electronic bk.)
9781783472901 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2013
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 12132591