Transition management for sustainable development / edited by Kazuhiro Ueta and Yukio Adachi
- Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan ; New York : United Nations University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xv, 354 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Ueta, Kazuhiro, 1952- and Adachi, Yukio, 1947-
Full Text available online
- Multilevel environmental governance for sustainable development
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Environmental governance for sustainable human development -- 1.On the concept of sustainable human development / Kazuhiro Ueta -- 2.Environmental policy integration for sustainability and its contemporary policy implications / Kazuo Matsushita -- 3.The state transformation in environmental governance: From the viewpoints of environmental regulations / Shin-ichi Yatsuki -- 4.Governance of sustainability transition management at the local, national and global levels / Tatsuro Niikawa -- pt. II Transition management for sustainable development: Case studies -- 5.Environmental governance strategies and transition to a sustainable society: Integration of environmental and energy policies in Germany and Japan / Minoru Tsubogo -- 6.Environmental governance failure and environmental metagovernance for local sustainable development: Local Agenda in 21 Japan / Kentaro Miyanaga -- 7.Transition to sustainable urban development in Japan: A case study of an antipollution movement in Nishiyodogawa Ward, Osaka City / Mayuko Shimizu -- pt. III Democracy and institutional reforms for sustainable development -- 8.Democracy in transition management for sustainable development / Yukio Adachi -- 9.Does better governance make for a better environment? / Kosuke Oyama -- 10.Deliberation, expertise and sustainability / Makoto Usami -- 11.The restructuring of society around environmental education: From education for economic development to education for sustainable development / Wataru Sano -- 12.Is contemporary capitalism sustainable? / Satoshi Niioka -- 13.Decentralization and local governance for sustainable development / Katsutaka Shiraishi -- pt. IV Social movements and social learning in transition management for sustainable development -- 14.Anti-nuclear movements in Japan: Before and after the Fukushima nuclear disaster / Koichi Hasegawa -- 15.Social learning for endogenous development and sustainable world: From the viewpoint of experiences and discussions in Japan / Takayuki Ota -- 16.Undesirable facility siting and democracy: A comparative analysis of radioactive waste repository siting in Japan, South Korea and France / Shunsaku Komatsuzaki -- 17.The reintegration of welfare, the economy and the environment: Governance of post-productivist welfare / Taro Miyamoto.
- 9789280812343 (pbk.) and 9280812343 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12132673