The redeployment of state power in the Southern Mediterranean : implications of neoliberal reforms for local governance / edited by Sylvia I. Bergh
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 147 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bergh, Sylvia I. (Sylvia Irene), 1976-
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction: Researching the effects of neoliberal reforms on local governance in the Southern Mediterranean / Sylvia I. Bergh -- 2.Neoliberal Reform and Socio-Structural Reconfiguration in Cairo's Popular Quarters: The Rise of the Lesser Notables in Misr Al Qadima / Mohamed Fahmy Menza -- 3.The Neoliberal Transformation of Local Government in Turkey and the Contracting Out of Municipal Services: Implications for Public Accountability / Bilgesu Sumer -- 4.Municipalities Go to Market: Economic Reform and Political Contestation in Jordan / Janine A. Clark -- 5.Water Privatization Dynamics in Morocco: A Critical Assessment of the Casablancan Case / Mohamed Said Saadi -- 6.The Private Sector and Local Elites: The Experience of Public-Private Partnership in the Water Sector in Tripoli, Lebanon / Christele Alles -- 7.`Inclusive' Neoliberalism, Local Governance Reforms and the Redeployment of State Power: The Case of the National Initiative for Human Development (INDH) in Morocco / Sylvia I. Bergh -- 8.Conflicting Articulations of Citizenship under a Neoliberal State Project: The Contested Implementation of the Israeli Workfare Programme / Asa Maron.
- 9780415835435 (hbk.) and 0415835437 (hbk.)
- Related Titles:
- Mediterranean politics. Vol. 17, issue 3 (November 2012)
- The chapters in this book were originally published in Mediterranean Politics, volume 17, issue 3 (November 2012) -- Page vii.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12133070