The Bennington school of the dance : a history in writings and interviews / compiled and edited by Elizabeth McPherson ; foreword by Charles Reinhart
- McPherson, Elizabeth M.
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 332 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Bennington: An Historic Milepost -- 2.1933: Planning the School -- 3.Summer of 1934: The Beginning -- 4.Summer of 1935: The Workshop Began -- 5.Summer of 1936: The First Festival -- 6.Summer of 1937: The Final Workshop Program, the Fellowships -- 7.Summer of 1938: Culmination of a Plan, or "the Year of the Tent" -- 8.Summer of 1939: From East to West -- 9.Summer of 1940: First Summer of the School of the Arts -- 10.Summer of 1941: Last Summer of the School of the Arts -- 11.Summer of 1942: Bennington College Summer Session -- 12.Looking Back: Group Discussion on the Bennington School of the Dance, 1959 -- 13.Recollections and Anecdotes.
- "The story of this groundbreaking summer dance program is told through the voices of staff, faculty, and students. Administrative director Mary Josephine Shelly's previously unpublished writings form a key summary of eight of the nine summer sessions. The Bennington School of the Dance was held from 1934 to 1942"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780786474172 (softcover : alk. paper) and 0786474173 (softcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 310-314) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12134776