A history of forest entomology in the Intermountain and Rocky Mountain areas, 1901 to 1982 / by Malcolm M. Furniss
- Furniss, Malcolm M.
- Fort Collins, CO : U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (iii, 40 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Rocky Mountain Research Station (Fort Collins, Colo.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Andrew Delmar Hopkins (1857-1948) -- Colorado next in line -- Fort Collins 1935 to 1940 -- Fort Collins Lab reopened, 1942 -- Fort Collins, post 1968 -- Albuquerque Laboratory established in 1952 -- Northern Rocky Mountains -- Coeur d'Alene Forest Insect Laboratory 1919 to 1954 -- Disbandment of Bureau of Entomology and Plant Quarantine, 1953 -- Missoula Forest Insect Laboratory -- More reorganization -- Ogden -- Boise -- Moscow Forestry Sciences Laboratory 1963 to 1982 -- References cited -- Fred B. Knight's recollections of Fort Collins, 1951 to 1960 -- John M. Schmid's recollection of forest insect research at the RM STation, 1963 to 1992 -- Melvin E. McKnight's recollections of the RM Station 1959 to 1973 -- Stephen A. Mata's recollections of the RM station, 1964 to 2005 -- Daniel T. Jennings' recollections of the Albuquerque Lab, 1960 to 1976.
- Report Numbers:
- A 13.88:RMRS-GTR-195
- United States. Bureau of Entomology and Plant Quarantine—History—20th century
- Forest insects—Research—Great Basin—History—20th century
- Forest insects—Research—Rocky Mountains—History—20th century
- Entomology—Great Basin—History—20th century
- Entomology—Rocky Mountains—History—20th century
- Forest entomologists—Great Basin—History—20th century
- Forest entomologists—Rocky Mountains—History—20th century
- "July 2007."
Title from Web page (viewed on Feb. 26, 2008).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 23-24).
View MARC record | catkey: 12134848