Risky business : insurance markets and regulation / edited by Lawrence S. Powell
- Oakland, California : Independent Institute, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 311 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Powell, Lawrence S.
- Independent studies in political economy
- Introduction / Lawrence S. Powell -- The economics and politics of insurance / Arnold Kling -- Insurance markets and regulation : case studies in failure / Martin F. Grace -- The effects of credit-based insurance scoring on insurance markets / Lawrence S. Powell -- Catastrophes and performance in property insurance markets : a comparison of personal and commercial lines / Patricia H. Born, Barbara Klimaszewski-Blettner -- Watery marauders : how the federal government retarded the development of private flood insurance / Eli Lehrer -- Alternative frameworks for insurance regulation in the United States / Martin F. Grace, Robert W. Klein -- A comparison of insurance regulation in the United States and the European Union / Martin Eling, Robert W. Klein, Joan T. Schmit -- Estimating efficiency effects of uniform regulation in property and casualty insurance / David L. Eckles, Lawrence S. Powell -- Performance of risk retention groups : drawing inferences from a prototype of competitive federalism / J. Tyler Leverty.
- 9781598131161 (hbk. : alk. paper), 1598131168 (hbk. : alk. paper), 9781598131178 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1598131176 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12135652