If I had a hammer [sound recording] : songs of hope & struggle / Pete Seeger
- Seeger, Pete, 1919-2014
- Additional Titles:
- Songs of hope & struggle
Songs of hope and struggle
- Washington, DC : Smithsonian Folkways, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- I'd hammer in the morning (introduction). If I had a hammer / Lee Hays, Pete Seeger (1:52) -- Solidarity forever (unions and labor). Banks of marble / Les Rice (3:12) ; Which side are you on? / Florence Reece (2:06) ; Casey Jones (The union scab) / Joe Hill, E.W. Newton (1:54) ; Talking union / Millard Lampell, Lee Hays, Pete Seeger (3:01) ; Joe Hill / Alfred Hayes, Earl Robinson (2:29) ; Union maid / Woody Guthrie (2:12) ; Step by step / Traditional, arr. by Waledmar Hille, Pete Seeger (1:33) ; Solidarity forever / Ralph Chaplin, David Welsh (2:51) -- Study war no more (peace). Where have all the flowers gone / Pete Seeger (2:01) ; Talking atom / Vern Partlow (2:25) ; Crow on the cradle / Sidney Carter (2:21) ; Last night I had the strangest dream / Ed McCurdy (2:21) ; Study war no more (Down by the riverside) / Trad. (3:09) -- We shall overcome (civil rights). Bourgeois blues / Huddie Ledbetter (2:03) ; River of my people / Trad., words by Pete Seeger (3:03) ; Hold on (Hand on the plow) / Trad. (3:16) ; We shall overcome / Trad., adapted by Zilphia Horton, Frank Hamilton, Guy Carawan, Pete Seeger (4:38) -- I'd hammer in the evening (hope). He lies in the American land / Andrew Kovaly, Pete Seeger (1:57) ; Well may the world go / Pete Seeger (2:38) ; Turn, turn, turn / words from the Bible, music and additional words by Pete Seeger (2:43) ; Tomorrow is a highway / Lee Hays, Pete Seeger (3:28) ; Oh, had I a golden thread / Pete Seeger (3:26) ; We'll all be a-doubling Pete Seeger (Tao Rodriquez, vocals; David Amram, dombek; recorded Mar. 1998, Beacon, NY) (1:53) ; Arrange and rearrange Pete Seeger (Rodriquez; Amram) (4:48) ; If I had a hammer / Lee Hays, Pete Seeger (2:10).
- Smithsonian Folkways: SF 40096 (on container: SF CD 40096).
Folk songs and original songs written by Seeger and others.
Most selections originally released by Folkways, 1955-1992; includes 3 previously unreleased tracks.
Program notes by Mark Greenberg, bibliography, and discography (20 p. : ill.)--inserted in container.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Folk songs and original songs written by Seeger and others.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Pete Seeger, vocals, banjo, and guitar.
View MARC record | catkey: 12136764