Morality for humans : ethical understanding from the perspective of cognitive science / Mark Johnson
- Johnson, Mark, 1949-
- Chicago : The University of Chicago Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 261 pages ; 24 cm
- The need for ethical naturalism -- Moral problem-solving as an empirical inquiry -- Where are our values bred? : sources of moral norms -- Intuitive processes of moral cognition -- Moral deliberation as cognition, imagination, and feeling -- The nature of "reasonable" moral deliberation -- There is no moral faculty -- Moral fundamentalism is immoral -- The making of a moral self.
- 9780226113401 (cloth : alk. paper) and 022611340X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 239-247) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2013
View MARC record | catkey: 12140120