Canzonets and keyboard music [sound recording].
- New York : Musical Heritage Society, 1969.
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Aveling, Valda, Morley, Thomas, 1557-1603?, Byrd, William, 1539 or 1540-1623, Peerson, Martin, -1651, Philips, Peter, 1561-1628, Farnaby, Giles, approximately 1565-1640, Bull, John, -1628, Stevens, Denis, 1922-2004, and Ambrosian Consort
- Cruel, wilt thou persever ; False love did me inveigle ; My nymph the deer / Thomas Morley -- The queen's Alman / William Byrd -- The Primerose / Martin Peerson -- La Volta / William Byrd -- Adieu, you kind and cruel ; Ay me! the fatal arrow ; Love took his bow and arrow / Thomas Morley -- Galiarda dolorosa / Peter Philips -- Tell me, Daphne / Giles Farnaby -- O grief, even on the bud ; Lo, where with flowery head ; Our Bonny-boots / Thomas Morley -- Piper's Galliard / John Bull -- The fall of the leafe / Martin Peerson -- Tower Hill / Giles Farnaby.
- Related Titles:
- Fitzwilliam virginal book. Selections
Canzonets and music from the Fitzwilliam virginal book
- Words of the canzonets ( l.) inserted in container; program notes by Denis Stevens on slipcase.
Contains canzonets by T. Morley, and keyboard pieces by W. Byrd, M. Peerson, P. Phillips, G. Farnby, and J. Bull.
Title on container: Nine canzonets and music from the Fitzwilliam virginal book.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Ambrosian Consort; Denis Stevens, director; Valda Aveling, harpsichord.
View MARC record | catkey: 1215198