A state university surveys the humanities / edited with a foreword by Loren C. MacKinney ... Nicholson B. Adams ... [and] Harry K. Russell ...
- Corporate Author:
- University of North Carolina (1793-1962). Division of the Humanities
- Chapel Hill : The University of North Carolina press, 1945.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 262 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- MacKinney, Loren Carey, 1891-1963
Adams, Nicholson B. (Nicholson Barney), 1895-1970
Russell, Harry Kitsun, 1902-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- University of North Carolina sesquicentennial publications
- pt. I. The humanities at the University of North Carolina, 1795-1945: The humanities at the University of North Carolina, 1795-1945, a historical survey, by W.E. Caldwell -- pt. II. The humanities and the humanistic ideal in the fields of university education: History.. by J.L. Godfrey. Literature: the beast in man, by G.C. Taylor. Literature: the creative in man, by Paul Green. Philosophy and religion: the humanity of man, by Helmut Kuhn. Language study, by H. R. Huse. Music, by Glen Haydon. The fine arts, by Clemens Sommer. The social sciences, by H. W. Odum. Education and psychology, by J. F. Dashiell. The biological sciences: the sciences in the humanities, by R. E. Coker. Mathematics and the physical sciences, by Archibald Henderson -- pt. III. The humanities and the humanistic ideal as viewed by professional men: Medicine, by G. L. Carrington. Law, b. A. A. F. Seawell. Business. ny T. C. Boushall. Journalism: the humanities and the common man, by G. W. Johnson -- pt. IV. The future of the humanities in state universities: The future of the humanities in state universities, by Norman Foerster.
- Issued by the Division of the humanities. cf. Foreword.
View MARC record | catkey: 1215255