The whole works of the Right Rev. Jeremy Taylor ... with a life of the author, and critical examination of his writings / by the Right Rev. Reginald Heber ... Revised and corrected by the Rev. Charles Page Eden ...
- Taylor, Jeremy, 1613-1667
- London : Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans; [etc., etc.], 1850-54.
- Physical Description:
- 10 volumes : frontispiece (portrait) ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Eden, Charles Page, 1807-1885, Heber, Reginald, 1783-1826, Taylor, Alexander, 1824?-1884, and Rust, George, -1670
- V. 1. Clerus domini. Office ministerial. Discourse of friendship. Rules and advices to the clergy. Heber's Life of Bp. Taylor, and indexes to the ten volumes -- v. 2. Life of Christ -- v. 3. The rule and exercises of holy living and dying -- v. 4. Sermons -- v. 5. Episcopacy. Apology for set forms. Reverence due to the alter. Liberty of prophesying. Confirmation -- v. 6. Real presence of Christ in the sacrament. Dissuasive from popery, &c -- v. 7. Unum necessarium, Deus justiflcatus. Letters to Warner and Jeanes. Golden grove and Festival hymns -- v. 8. Worthy communicant. Supplement of sermons. Collection of offices -- Ductor dubitantium, part I, book I and II -- v. 10. Ductor dubitantium, part II, book III and IV.
- Each volume has separate t.-p.
Vols. 9 and 10 edited by Rev. Alexander Taylor.
A funeral sermon, preached at the obsequies of Jeremy Taylor ... by George Rust: v. 1, p. [ccix]-cccxxvii.
View MARC record | catkey: 1227299