Aristotle / Christopher Shields
- Shields, Christopher John
- London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 505 pages ; 23 cm.
- Routledge philosophers
- Chronology -- Introduction -- Aristotle: Life and works -- Explaining nature and the nature of explanation -- Thinking: Scientifically, logically, philosophically -- Aristotle's early ontology: Categories - truth, and modality -- Puzzles of nature -- Substance and the science of being qua being -- Living beings -- Living well -- Political association -- Rhetoric and the arts -- Aristotle's legacy -- Glossary -- Bibliography -- Index.
- In this extensively revised new edition of his excellent guidebook, Christopher Shields introduces the whole of Aristotle's philosophy, showing how his powerful conception of human nature shaped much of his thinking on the nature of the soul and the mind, ethics, politics, and the arts. -- Book Cover
- 9780415622486 (hardback : alk. paper)
0415622484 (hardback : alk. paper)
9780415622493 (paperback. : alk. paper)
0415622492 (papeback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 495-501) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12348313