A Quick Guide to Cancer Epidemiology [electronic resource] / by Paolo Boffetta, Stefania Boccia, Carlo La Vecchia
- SpringerBriefs in Cancer Research
- Introduction -- Principles of primary and secondary cancer prevention -- The global burden of neoplasms -- Distribution, causes and prevention of individual neoplasms -- Overview of the causes of human cancer -- Conclusions -- References -- Index.
- A Quick Guide to Cancer Epidemiology is an ideal addition to Springer Briefs in Cancer Research. The Brief provides core concepts in cancer epidemiology and also gives a snapshot of the epidemiology of seventeen human cancers. The Brief aims to provide-with quantitative focus-estimates of the global burden of neoplasms, of recent and likely future trends, distribution, causes and strategies for prevention for major groups of cancers. Finally, the Brief will give an overview of severals factors that cause cancer including dietary factors, tobacco smoking, obesity and alcohol consumption.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 12349074