Waste Energy Harvesting [electronic resource] : Mechanical and Thermal Energies / by Ling Bing Kong, Tao Li, Huey Hoon Hng, Freddy Boey, Tianshu Zhang, Sean Li.
- Kong, Ling Bing
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 592 pages 331 illustrations, 64 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Li, Tao, Hng, Huey Hoon, Boey, Freddy, Zhang, Tianshu, Li, Sean, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lecture Notes in Energy, 2195-1284 ; 24
- Introduction -- Waste Mechanical Energy Harvesting (I) - Piezoelectric Effect -- Waste Mechanical Energy Harvesting (II) - Nanopiezoelectric Effect -- Waste Thermal Energy Harvesting (I) - Thermoelectric Effect -- Waste Thermal Energy Harvesting (II) - Pyroelectric Effect and Others -- Waste Thermal Energy Harvesting (III) - Storage with Phase Change Materials.
- This book overviews the latest progress in waste energy harvesting technologies, with specific focusing on waste thermal mechanical energies. Waste mechanical energy harvesting technologies use the piezoelectric (ferroelectric) effect with ferroelectric materials and nanogenerators. Thermal energy harvesting technologies use the thermoelectric effect, the pyroelectric effect and storage through phase change materials. The book aims to strengthen the syllabus in energy, materials and physics and is well suitable for students and professionals in the fields.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 12349195