Harper's pictorial history of the war with Spain, with an introduction by Nelson A. Miles
- New York ; London : Harper & Brothers, 1899.
- Physical Description:
- 32 parts (507 pages, 32 unnumbered leaves of plates) : illustrations (some color), maps (some color), portraits ; 44 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Miles, Nelson Appleton, 1839-1925, Remington, Frederic, 1861-1909, Christy, Howard Chandler, 1873-1952, Rogers, W. A. (William Allen), 1854-1931, McCutcheon, John T. (John Tinney), 1870-1949, and Yohn, F. C. (Frederick Coffay), 1875-1933
- Richard Minsky's The Book Cover Art of Thomas Watson Ball Exhibition Collection.
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of book artist Richard Minsky's The Book Cover Art of Thomas Watson Ball exhibition collection.
- As issued by subscription in 32 parts, each with original printed brown paper wrapper designed by Mr. Edward Edwards and each with a colored plate. An optional cloth cover-case designed by Thomas Watson. Ball suitable for binding the parts into a single volume was available from the publisher by sending one dollar after delivery of the parts was completed. Also issued by publisher in 2 volumes with same T.W. Ball cover design on each volume.
Illustrated by drawings by American illustrators and by photographs. The illustrators include, among many others: Frederick Remington (Pts. 5, 9, 11-12, 15,17, 22, 31), Howard Chandler Christy, W.A. Rogers, John T. McCutcheon, and F.C. Yohn.
Includes index: end of Part 32.
Rare Books copy is one of the specimens collected by book artist Richard Minsky and described in his exhibition catalog The Book Cover Art of Thomas Watson Ball, published: Stockport, New York : Richard Minsky, 2012.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Program Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts; 2013.
Rare Books copy: Purchased from Richard Minsky, book artist; 2013.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Minsky, R. Book cover art of Thomas Watson Ball, p. 51
View MARC record | catkey: 12351533