Neurodegenerative Diseases [electronic resource] : Clinical Aspects, Molecular Genetics and Biomarkers / edited by Daniela Galimberti, Elio Scarpini
- Galimberti, Daniela
- London : Springer London : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 253 pages 15 illustrations, 9 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Scarpini, E. (Elio) and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Genetics and Epigenetics: Basic Concepts -- Alzheimer’s Disease: Clinical Aspects and Treatments -- Autosomal Dominant Alzheimer’s Disease: Underlying Causes -- Genetic Risk Factors for Alzheimer’s Disease -- The Role of Cerebrovascular Disease in Cognitive Disease -- Non-genetic Risk Factors for Alzheimer’s disease -- Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration: Genetics and Clinical Phenotypes -- Alzheimer’s Disease and Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration: Mouse Models -- Cerebrospinal Fluid Biomarkers in Alzheimer’s Disease and Frontotemporal Dementia -- Biomarkers for Alzheimer’s Disease and Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration: Imaging -- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: Genotypes and Phenotypes -- Uncommon Dementias -- Neurodevelopment Alterations, Neurodegeneration and Immunoinflammatory Patterns in the Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia -- Neurodegeneration and Multiple Sclerosis.
- This book gives an overview of the current knowledge on the most common neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal lobar degeneration, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and additional neurodegenerative diseases. Different aspects of each disease are reviewed, including clinical issues, treatments, basic discoveries (genetics and molecular biology), and translation of basic research into biomarkers for early diagnosis. In addition, emerging data indicate that neurodegeneration seems to also be present in classically non-degenerative disorders. Therefore, a chapter about overlapping mechanisms between dementias and psychiatric disorders is included, as well as a description of the role of neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis. Neurodegenerative Diseases is aimed at clinicians, particularly those working in academic hospitals. This multidisciplinary book will also be of interest to basic researchers in medical fields.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 12353001