Breaking of Supersymmetry and Ultraviolet Divergences in Extended Supergravity [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the INFN-Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati School 2013 / edited by Stefano Bellucci
- Bellucci, Stefano
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- X, 248 pages 15 illustrations, 10 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Superconformal Symmetry and Higher-Derivative Lagrangians -- Constitutive relations, o_ shell duality rotations and the hypergeometric form of Born-Infeld theory -- Vector Branes -- Pure spinor superfields — an overview -- Loop amplitude diagrams in manifest, maximal supergravity -- Perturbative Ultraviolet Calculations in Supergravity -- Scalars with higher derivatives in supergravity and cosmology -- The leading eikonal operator in string-brane scattering at high energy -- Ghost Condensation in N = 1 Supergravity -- Thermodynamic curvature and black holes.
- This is the seventh volume in a series on the general topics of supersymmetry, supergravity, black objects (including black holes), and the attractor mechanism. The present volume is based on lectures held in March 2013 at the INFN-Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati during the Breaking of supersymmetry and Ultraviolet Divergences in extended Supergravity Workshop (BUDS 2013), organized by Stefano Bellucci, with the participation of prestigious speakers including P. Aschieri, E. Bergshoeff, M. Cederwall, T. Dennen, P. Di Vecchia, S. Ferrara, R. Kallosh, A. Karlsson, M. Koehn, B. Ovrut, A. Van Proeyen, G. Ruppeiner. Special attention is devoted to discussing topics related to the cancellation of ultraviolet divergences in extended supergravity and Born-Infeld-like actions. All talks were followed by extensive discussions and subsequent reworking of the various contributions, a feature which is reflected in the unique "flavor" of this volume.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 12353083