Law and Regulation of Aerodromes [electronic resource] / by Dr. Ruwantissa Abeyratne
- Abeyratne, R. I. R. (Ruwantissa Indranath Ramya), 1951-
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 272 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- The Airport and the State -- Certification of Aerodromes -- Airport Planning -- Regulation of Airport Financing and Economics -- The Airport Business -- Aerodrome Security -- Joint Use of Military and Civil Airports -- Conclusion.
- This book encapsulates in detail the principles pertaining to legal and regulatory aspects of aerodromes. As the title denotes, it discusses the various aspects of the structure and functioning of an aerodrome and the complexities involved. It focuses on the law and regulation of aerodrome certification and planning, aerodrome services, financial and economic planning, security, management and governance. The airport industry is one of the fastest growing within the aviation industry, requiring innovation and creativity in management. This in turn has called for an increased focus on advanced management programmes for airport managers and lawyers. The Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme (AMPAP) offered worldwide by the International Civil Aviation Organization and Airports Council International, and the Angkasa Pura II Airport Management Excellence Programme of Indonesia are two such initiatives which give airport professionals a sound grounding on the principles and techniques of management and law.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 12353126