Mechanics and uncertainty [electronic resource] / Maurice Lemaire
- Lemaire, Maurice
- Hoboken : Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (169 pages)
- Understanding Uncertainty / Maurice Lemaire -- Modeling Uncertainty / Maurice Lemaire -- Decision Support Under Uncertainty / Maurice Lemaire.
- Science is a quest for certainty, but lack of certainty is the driving force behind all of its endeavors. This book, specifically, examines the uncertainty of technological and industrial science. Uncertainty and Mechanics studies the concepts of mechanical design in an uncertain setting and explains engineering techniques for inventing cost-effective products. Though it references practical applications, this is a book about ideas and potential advances in mechanical science.
- 9781118931035 (electronic bk.), 1118931033 (electronic bk.), 9781118931042, and 1118931041
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 12354529