Material revolution II : new sustainable and multi-purpose materials for design and architecture / Sascha Peters
- Peters, Sascha
- Uniform Title:
- Materialrevolution 2. English
- Basel : Birkhäuser, 
- Physical Description:
- 223 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- Language Note:
- Translated from the German.
- Bioplastics and bio-based bonding agents -- Natural materials and organic waste materials -- Recycling materials -- Lightweight construction materials -- Multifunctional materials -- Materials that influence and emit light -- Energy-generating materials and innovative insulants --Innovative and sustainable production processes.
- The follow-up to Material Revolution, the second volume addresses the rapid development of material research and presents materials new to the market since 2010. The new volume contains a similar system of classification, but covers a completely different range of materials. There is a chapter dedicated solely to the criteria and factors of sustainable design, as well as to innovative projects by designers and architects that work with new materials and technologies.
- Includes index.
Originally published in German (Basel : Birkhäuser, 2013) with title: Materialrevolution 2 : nachhaltige und multifunktionale Materialien für Design und Architektur.
- Bibliography Note:
- "Appendix. Selected publications by the author"-Pages 222-223.
View MARC record | catkey: 12532454