Sea legends. The wings of the fisherman [electronic resource] / directed by Jérôme Segur ; produced by Manuel Catteau
- Additional Titles:
- Sea legends : the wings of the fisherman and Wings of the fisherman
- Paris, Ile-de-France : ZED, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (28 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Wenger, Allan, Ségur, Jérôme, and Catteau, Manuel
- Language Note:
- This edition in English and Owa.
- Long ago, Earth was dominated by supernatural spirits living in the oceans. Man however, lived in perfect harmony with them, thanks to a sacred alliance he forged with the marine mammals. Today however, throughout the world, exist ethnic minorities whose daily lives continue to bear witness to contemporary myths: these legends are their faith, and the animals, their gods. From the shark tamers of the Pacific to the crocodile hunters of the Australian reef, 'Sea legends' reveals the most wondrous of beliefs which unite man and nature in the spectacular, thousand-year old fulfillment of a magical destiny.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 12, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Ethnographic video online, volume 1). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 12534864