- Ethnographic video online, volume 2
Tribal sex & marriage ; episode 3
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- A woman can have sex with as many men as she likes; if she conceives, the baby belongs to her and her household. The man has no involvement in the raising of the child. A couple gets married but lives apart for three years. How are relationships forged to try to keep the tribe alive? Where is the line drawn between promiscuity and fidelity? In this episode three tribes are presented The Wa, concentrated in remote hills between the Mekong and Salween Rivers on the Burmese border, The Yi, fourth largest of China's minorities, with over 30 branches and the Naxi, from the Lijiang area, within the loop of the Upper Yangze River (Jinsha Jiang).
- Title from resource description page (viewed Feb. 6, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in China.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Ethnographic video online, volume 2). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 12534910