Bird dancer [electronic resource] / directed by Robert Lemelson ; produced by Robert Lemelson and Elemental Films
- Ethnographic video online, volume 2
- Language Note:
- This edition in English, Balinese and Indonesian with English subtitles.
- The Bird Dancer explores a young woman's struggle with her odd movements and behaviors, and how these are interpreted and understood by her family and community. The film follows the life of Gusti Ayu Suartini, a young Balinese woman with Tourette's Syndrome, as she struggles to create a life for herself while coping with a society who doesn't understand her disease, doctors with no cures, and a family that rejects her. Inexplicable to her community in rural Bali, Gusti's severe tics elicited grave concern from herself and her family, significantly affecting both the daily and the long-term course of her life.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Feb. 6, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in 2010 in Bali.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Ethnographic video online, volume 2). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 12534926