- Ethnographic video online, volume 2
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- The film is about the journey to Peru, that Charles Coocoo, an Atikamekw spiritual leader of Wemotaci in Quebec makes in order to sensitize Peruvian coca leaf farmers about the negative impacts of cocaine coming into his community. Guided by a Wanka, a spiritual leader, Pedro Marticorena, and Nelson Palomino, a cocalero leader, Charles Coocoo discovers the ancient and sacred relation between the Indians of the Andes and coca leaves. He sees the difference between coca leaves and cocaine and views at first hand its cultural and therapeutic effects.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Feb. 6, 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Peru.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Ethnographic video online, volume 2). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 12535046