Nurturing sea [electronic resource] / directed by Vic Pelletier ; produced by Nicole Godin and Vic Pelletier
- Additional Titles:
- Nunavik : a nurturing sea
- Montreal, QC : CinéFête, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (53 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Rudder, Michael F., Godin, Nicole, and Pelletier, Vic, 1948-
- Ethnographic video online, volume 2 and Nunavik ; episode 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- The Inuit live in intimate contact with the sea. Despite the encroachments of the modern world, they still depend on it for food and other necessities. Seals, whales, walruses, fish, crustaceans, molluscs and algae are staples of the Inuit diet. Traditions and legends based on the sea … the importance of the sea in their spiritual and daily life.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Feb. 6, 2014). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Ethnographic video online, volume 2). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 12535075