Strategic issues facing transportation. Volume 2, Climate change, extreme weather events, and the highway system : practitioner's guide and research report / Michael Meyer [and others].
- Additional Titles:
- Climate change, extreme weather events, and the highway system : practitioner's guide and research report and Title on CD-ROM: Engineering options for climate stressor mitigation and example benefit-cost analyses
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 204 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Additional Creators:
- Meyer, Michael D., National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board, National Cooperative Highway Research Program, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, and United States. Federal Highway Administration
- Report: onlinepubs.trb.org
- Blurb page: www.trb.org
- "TRB's National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Report 750: Strategic Issues Facing Transportation, Volume 2: Climate Change, Extreme Weather Events, and the Highway System: Practitioner's Guide and Research Report provides guidance on adaptation strategies to the likely impacts of climate change through 2050 in the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of infrastructure assets in the United States (and through 2100 for sea-level rise). In addition to the practitioner's guide and research report, this project also developed the following items: A software tool that runs in common web browsers and provides specific, region-based information on incorporating climate change adaptation into the planning and design of bridges, culverts, stormwater infrastructure, slopes, walls, and pavements. Tables that provide the same information as the previously mentioned software tool, but in a spreadsheet format that can be printed. Two spreadsheets that illustrate examples of the benefit-cost analysis of adaptation strategies discussed in Appendix B of Part I of NCHRP Report 750, Volume 2. These three items are available on a CD-ROM that is included with a print version of the report. The CD-ROM is also available for download from TRB's website as an ISO image. Links to the ISO image and instructions for burning a CD-ROM from an ISO image are provided below. Help on Burning an ISO CD-ROM Image. Download the .ISO CD-ROM Image (Warning: This is a large file and may take some time to download using a high-speed connection.) NCHRP Report 750, Volume 2 is the second in a series of reports being produced by NCHRP Project 20-83: Long-Range Strategic Issues Facing the Transportation Industry. Major trends affecting the future of the United States and the world will dramatically reshape transportation priorities and needs. The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) established the NCHRP Project 20-83 research series to examine global and domestic long-range strategic issues and their implications for state departments of transportation (DOTs). AASHTO's aim for the research series is to help prepare the DOTs for the challenges and benefits created by these trends. Other volumes in this series currently available include: Strategic Issues Facing Transportation, Volume 1: Scenario Planning for Freight Transportation Infrastructure Investment Strategic Issues Facing Transportation, Volume 3: Expediting Future Technologies for Enhancing Transportation System Performance."--Publisher's description.
- 9780309283786 (paperback)
- At head of title: National Cooperative Highway Research Program.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 113, 193-197).
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
- Funding Information:
- Research sponsored by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration under project no. 20-83(5)
View MARC record | catkey: 12535331