Three-dimensional integration and modeling [electronic resource] : a revolution in RF and wireless packaging / Jong-Hoon Lee, Manos M. Tentzeris
- Lee, Jong-Hoon
- San Rafael, Calif. (1537 Fourth Street, San Rafael, CA 94901 USA) : Morgan & Claypool Publishers, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic text (x, 108 p. : ill. (some col.)) : digital file
- Additional Creators:
- Tentzeris, Manos M.
- Synthesis lectures on computational electromagnetics, 1932-1716 ; #17
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Abstract -- Keywords -- 1. Introduction -- 2. Background on technologies for millimeter-wave passive front-ends -- 2.1. 3D Integrated SOP concept -- 2.2. LTCC multilayer technology -- 2.3. 60 GHz transmitter/receiver modules -- 3. Three-dimensional packaging in multilayer organic substrates -- 3.1. Multilayer LCP substrates -- 3.2. RF MEMS packaging using multilayer LCP substrates -- 3.3. Active device packaging using multilayer LCP substrates -- 3.4. Three-dimensional paper-based modules for RFID/sensing applications -- 4. Microstrip-type integrated passives -- 4.1. Patch resonator filters and duplexers -- 4.2. Quasielliptic filter -- 5. Cavity-type integrated passives -- 5.1. Rectangular cavity resonator -- 5.2. Three-pole cavity filters -- 5.3. Vertically stacked cavity filters and duplexers -- 5.4. Cavity-based dual-mode filters -- 6. Three-dimensional antenna architectures -- 6.1. Patch antenna using a soft-surface structure -- 6.2. High-gain patch antenna using soft-surface structure and stacked cavity -- 6.3. Dual-polarized cross-shaped microstrip antenna -- 6.4. Series-fed antenna array -- 7. Fully integrated three-dimensional passive front-ends -- 7.1. Passive front-ends for 60 GHz time-division duplexing (TDD) applications -- 7.2. Passive front-ends for 60 GHz frequency-division duplexing applications -- References.
- This book presents a step-by-step discussion of the 3D integration approach for the development of compact system-on-package (SOP) front-ends.Various examples of fully-integrated passive building blocks (cavity/microstip filters, duplexers, antennas), as well as a multilayer ceramic (LTCC) V-band transceiver front-end midule demonstrate the revolutionary effects of this approach in RF/Wireless packaging and multifunctional miniaturization. Designs covered are based on novel ideas and are presented for the first time for millimeterwave (60GHz) ultrabroadband wireless modules.
- 1598292455 (electronic bk.)
9781598292459 (electronic bk.)
- Related Titles:
- Synthesis digital library of engineering and computer science
- Part of: Synthesis digital library of engineering and computer science.
Title from PDF t.p. (viewed Oct. 19, 2008).
Series from website.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 99-106).
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 12551282