The papers of James Madison : purchased by order of Congress ; being his correspondence and reports of debates during the Congress of the Confederation, and his reports of debates in the Federal Convention ; now published from the original manuscripts, deposited in the Department of State / by direction of the Joint Library Committee of Congress, under the superintendence of Henry D. Gilpin
- Madison, James, 1751-1836
- Washington : Langtree & O'Sullivan, 1840.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (3 volumes (lx, 1,624, ccxlvi pages, 16 unnumbered leaves of plates)) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Gilpin, Henry D. (Henry Dilworth), 1801-1860
- v. 1. Prefatory note--The debates in 1776, on the Declaration of Independence and on a few Articles of Confederation, preserved by Thomas Jefferson--Letters of Mr. Madison preceding the debates of 1783--Debates in the Congress of the Confederation, from November 4, 1782 to June 21,1783--Letters contemporary with, and subsequent to the debates of 1783 -- v. 2. Debates in the Congress of the Confederation, from February 19, 1787 to April 25, 1787--Correspondence during and subsequent to the debates in the Congress of the Confederation from February 15, 1787 to November 2,1788--Debates in the Federal Convention from Monday, May 14, 1787 to Monday, August 6, 1787 -- v. 3. Debates in the Federal Convention, from Tuesday, August 7, 1787 until its final adjournment, Monday, September 17, 1787--Appendix to the debates--References--Index.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS AS PART OF LLMC-DIGITAL.
View MARC record | catkey: 12552782