Scientific style and format : the CSE manual for authors, editors, and publishers / Style Manual Subcommittee, Council of Science Editors
- Chicago : Council of Science Editors in cooperation with the University of Chicago Press, 
- Eighth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 722 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Council of Science Editors. Style Manual Committee
- Publishing fundamentals -- Elements of a scientific publication -- Publication policies and practices -- The basics of copyright -- General style conventions -- Alphabets, symbols, and signs -- Punctuation and related marks -- Spelling, word formation and division, plurals, and possessives -- Prose style and word choice -- Names and personal designations -- Capitalization -- Type styles, excerpts, quotations, and ellipses -- Abbreviations -- Numbers, units, mathematical expressions, and statistics -- Time, dates, and age measurements -- Geographic designations -- Special scientific conventions -- The electromagnetic spectrum -- Subatomic particles, chemical elements, and related notations -- Chemical formulas and names -- Chemical kinetics and thermodynamics -- Analytical chemistry -- Drugs and pharmacokinetics -- Genes, chromosomes, and related molecules -- Taxonomy and nomenclature -- Structure and function -- Disease names -- The Earth -- Astronomical objects and time systems -- Technical elements of publications -- Journal style and format -- Published media -- References -- Accessories to text: tables, figures, and indexes -- Typography and manuscript preparation -- Proof correction.
- The Scientific Style and Format Eighth Edition Subcommittee worked to ensure the continued integrity of the CSE style and to provide a progressively up-to-date resource for our valued users, which will be adjusted as needed on the website. This new edition will prove to be an authoritative tool used to help keep the language and writings of the scientific community alive and thriving, whether the research is printed on paper or published online.
- 9780226116495 (cloth ; alk. paper)
0226116492 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 699-707) and indexes.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2014
Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2015
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 12553770